Coffee is a must.
It’s one of those daily priorities. First things first. Before you speak, coffee.
Before You Speak Coffee brings this daily ritual to a whole new level. It not only gives you simplicity (which is what we often need before we’ve got coffee in our system!) and a damn tasty coffee, it adds in a whole bunch of health benefits.
Before You Speak Coffee contains:
- Coffee, would you believe!? To be precise, it is single origin Columbian Arabica Coffee that is said to be smooth, clean and aromatic with long lasting energy. Columbian beans often provide a sweet, citrusy and nutty flavor with a caramel cocoa aroma.
- Medium Chain Triglyceride (“MCT”) Powder – MCTs are a type of saturated fat and appear to assist fat loss when consumed in place of other dietary fat. Studies have shown MCTs ability to increase metabolism, to reduce energy intake, to enhance cognition, improve insulin sensitivity in type 2 diabetics. Compared with MCT oil, the powder is far more convenient than having to squeeze out some MCT oil from a sachet and may result in less GI stress than some people have with the oil. Often MCT powder is created using maltodextrin or dairy, however, Before You Speak does not, thanks to fancy pants ‘micro-emulsifying spray technology’.
- Siberian Ginseng – an adaptogenic herb traditionally used for fatigue, which may assist with stress relief, boosting your immune system and increasing your work capacity during strenuous aerobic activity.
- Coffee Bean Extract – high in chlorogenic acid and may assist with cardiovascular health, fat loss and appetite control. Chlorogenic acid may be able to reduce blood sugar levels and the absorption of dietary carbohydrates.
- Turmeric – well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. The active ingredient of turmeric, curcumin, may prevent some cancers progressing, reduce cognitive decline, assist the heart, and reduce the risk of and treat diabetes.
- Black Pepper – Black pepper assists the absorption of curcumin in turmeric. Without black pepper, for example, only a small percentage of curcumin consumed is absorbed by the body.
- Stevia – naturally sweetened, so you don’t need to add anything else.
Before Your Speak is instant coffee. All you need to do is tear open the sachet, tip it into your mug, add hot water and stir! You can have it hot or cold. Hot tends to taste a little sweeter and is my preferred form.
It also works wonders when added to a protein shake, perhaps pre-workout, or with coconut water and crushed ice.
When I tore open the sachet of Before You Speak, I noticed a sweet aroma, almost creamy like a caramel/vanilla/mocha combo. I imagined I was inhaling the scent of a freshly baked cheesecake or had just opened a tub of a dessert-themed yoghurt.
The powder was fine and dark warm brown in colour. When I added the water, I was reminded of ginseng coffees from my travels to South East Asia. It made a very appealing, frothy coffee with a golden tinge, almost sparkling. Teeny tiny little golden particles shimmered on top.
As for the flavor, it was quite sweet and creamy at first. I then noticed a little spice that mildly buzzed the back of my throat. It was quite strong. It was a full mug with plenty of pow, but for those who weren’t so inclined, it could easily be weakened with a little extra water or plant mylk.
Before You Speak coffee was full bodied with a little (but not overdone) herbal kick. It had no bitterness and was suitably sweetened. A dash of almond milk would go nicely, but was by no means necessary.
Each serve contains 115mg of caffeine. It is also incredibly low in calories, with only 8.37 kcal per serve.
Find it here.
Before You Speak – One (per serve): 8.37kcal // 0.5g C (0.035g sugar) / 0.3g F / 0.6g P